Saturday, February 5, 2011

Table Runner Finish

I finished attaching the binding by hand on my table runner the other night.  I'm very happy with the result.


Sorry about the poor quality of the pics.  I haven't been able to take photos in natural light for one reason or another for days and days but I really wanted to load these pics up as soon as possible.


I've been looking for a way to use these fabrics for ages.  I bought 36 fat quarters of this range - French General Rouenneries (I think it was the whole range) many months ago, and I finally found the right project for them.


Of course, I still have a lot of fabric left from this range and look forward to sewing with it again.  The colours are beautiful and the feel of the cotton is soft and light-weight.

I hand-quilted this project with Perle cotton no.12. 

I have splurged on some new fabrics for the first time in a while.  This is Anna Maria Horner's range, Innocent Crush, in fat quarters.  I can't believe I haven't seen more of it in blogland.  It is simply divine!  The feel is very similar to Liberty Tana Lawn (ie perfection) and the colour scheme is modern and in my humble opinion, sublime.


And there are more splurges to come!  Bring it on Mr Postman - I can hardly wait!

5 comments:

LuAnn said...

Your hand quilting is beautiful. Wow! Love your table runner and your new fabrics. Can't wait to see what you make out of them.

Anna Steele said...

Looks like you've been busy!!

Miranda said...

I love your hand quilting, the table runner looks great! And I am very jealous of your Innocent Crush. I think I need to hurry up and get a part time job...I have a splurge list and Anna Maria Horner fabric is definitely on it :)

Anonymous said...

Looks amazing Sarah - love the design and your use of fabrics. Can't wait to see what you do next!

Melissa said...

I love your hand quilting! Am loving cotton lawn at the moment. Would love some Innocent Crush in the velveteen too. Love love love fabric! And what you do with it! x