Monday, April 2, 2012

Mary's favourite colour is blue AND pink!

Mary told me recently that her favourite colour was blue AND pink.

I found that piece of information immediately sparked off a creative idea:  (another) quilt for Mary!


I wasn't inspired by the pink and blue colour combination, so I decided to make it predominantly pink, with a little bit of green (my favourite colour) and a little bit of yellow ("Nanny", my mother's favourite colour). It was lovely to make a scrap quilt entirely from fabric in my stash.

I have enjoyed trying out my new sewing machine with this easy piecing project - 4.5" squares, 15 x 15 (that's 225 squares in total), making the whole thing about 150cm square.

My Janome Quilters Edition, a very basic machine I've had for about 12 years, decided to pack it in after I tripped over the lead and brought it crashing to the ground.  I could have spent $200 on a new motor, but I only paid $600 for the machine, so I decided to give it to the sewing repairs man for parts in exchange for labour costs, and put my money towards a new Pfaff.


I love it!


When I recover from this bout of gastro (I'm home from work today as I've been up all night with vomiting and diarrhoea), I look forward to constructing the rest of this quilt top!

PS.  My next post will be my 100th.  I think a giveaway is definitely in order!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful quilt - with a lovely little story about 3 generations of favourite colours. Love the new machine. Sorry about the gastro!