Tuesday, July 19, 2011

For Jasmine

It's been a while between posts!  I've missed you guys, although, I've been popping by at your blogs regularly.  I just haven't made time to pop into mine!

I've been working on a few things since I last posted.  My main project was Jasmine's quilt.  This little lady was born some time ago now (not telling how long!).  I'm so sorry it took so long, but hopefully she thinks it was worth the wait.


Sorry about the crappy photos.  I couldn't find my camera, so I've used my iPhone.

Here are some details.  Not sure if you can make it out, but I've used a combination of machine quilting and hand quilting with Perle cotton no.8.


The fabric is Anna Maria Horner's Innocent Crush in voile.

Heavenly!


This quilt was so much fun to make.

I just made it up as I went along!


The oatmeal coloured fabric is Workcloth from Cloth Australia.

It is a cotton linen blend and colour is called "Raw".

It doesn't look it, but it's incredibly soft to touch.

Here's the back, which is pieced in the liberated style as well.


And some detail on the backing.


This fabric range is perhaps my all time favourite.  I just love the colours.

I hope you like it Jasmine!

xxx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks amazing Sarah - well done

Melissa said...

I've missed you too (IRL & blogland!!!). You are so creative, this is just gorgeous. What a treasure for Jasmine to keep forever. xxx

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

This is gorgeous Sarah, I love the mix of hand quilting and machine, I'm sure Jasmine will love it. xo