Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Hexagon charm quilt update



I've appliqued the first of 30 hexagon flowers to the background fabric... I like it!  This was originally going to be a charm quilt, but I have changed my mind.  I want to make individual blocks with a hexagon flower appliqued to each block, and then I want to have sashing between all the blocks. 

This will be something a bit different from the last hexagon quilt I made, which was just all hexagons pieced together.  I still haven't decided whether I'm going to hand quilt it, or have it machine quilted by Barb on her long arm quilter.  Decisions, decisions!

And now, on to other matters...


I've been doing some more hand quilting with the Perle cotton #8 from Threadart.  I'm enjoying it so much more than I thought I would.


Any ideas on how to quilt the liberty / pink four patches?  Just outline quilting like the pinwheels?  Or little flowers perhaps?  Or a cross through the fourpatch?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your appliqued hexagons! Looks great. Also love your hand quilting. I bought some perle cottons in Brisbane and can't wai to use them!