Thursday, April 1, 2010

ANZAC Bee - April blocks


This was a fun project for me - to create "intuitive" log cabin blocks using just red centre squares and white "logs".  I have to confess... these are my first ever log cabins!  And I really enjoyed the process!  I now want to add a log cabin quilt to my list of things to do (one day!). 

The other request was for a hand embroidered label for the back of the quilt with name and location.  I won't post a pic because I don't want to advertise my personal details on blogger, but I am looking forward to getting a bit more practice at hand embroidery.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work Sarah - love the striking red centres

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Aren't log cabins addictive?

Unknown said...

I love those log cabins. I saw a beautiful intuitive log cabin quilt at the festival of quilts last year, using different shades of 'white'. Amazing.

ps - with you and Leslie (twenty-eighth street) twisting my arm, I just joined the hexy quilt along!!!

Amy Seven-Stitches said...

They look great. And to think it's your first log cabin. I just finished mine and became awfully confused about whether I was going clockwise or the other way round.