Monday, January 25, 2010

Brain Wave

I was tacking down the seam allowance on some diamonds this morning, for the pram quilt I'm making for my baby, when suddenly I thought "the purple thread I'm using for the tacking looks good with these colours" and that got me thinking... What about making the hexagons out of diamonds, like a tumbling block, using different shades of blue and purple.  Then I thought of the Kaffe scraps left over from making Farley's wedding quilt (see previous entries), so I quickly auditioned a few and liked what I saw!












What do you think?

I think the contrast is high enough against all the different values of blue and green that it might just work!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this is a great idea - I love the different patterns - will look great!

Unknown said...

My personal favorite is the Blue Millefiore in the first picture. Love it!

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

This quilt will be beautiful, I love the Kaffe's you have chosen, my favourites would be the first two, oh but then I like the lighter ones too!!! Thanks for visiting my blog, your comment came as a noreply-comment so I can't email you back...I have been machine sewing my Y seams!! xo